This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Homemade Vegan Ravioli is guaranteed to be your new favorite easy vegan ravioli recipe. It’s made with just 11 ingredients, including a homemade vegan pasta dough and tofu ricotta cheese. Impress the vegans and non vegans in your life with your new egg-free pasta making skills!
Growing up, ravioli was one of my favorite meals to enjoy. It didn’t matter what it was filled or topped with, I would always devour every last bite. Making this vegan version filled with tofu ricotta checks all of the boxes. It has incredible flavor, great texture, and makes the perfect any-night meal. Serve with your favorite creamy sauce or tomato pasta sauce and dive in!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Eggless Ravioli Dough: We’ve developed our own Homemade Authentic Vegan Pasta Dough that works incredibly well in making several types of pasta, including your own vegan ravioli. It may sound intimidating to make your own versatile pasta dough, but it’s really quite simple – especially if you have access to a pasta maker or pasta machine. Or if you have the opportunity to buy an egg-free fresh pasta dough in stores, go for it!
- Vegan Cheese: We’re keeping it simple and making our vegan ravioli filling using our Easy Tofu Ricotta Cheese. The only change we made was swapping the dried herbs for fresh herbs for an added boost of flavor.
- Fresh herbs: You’ll need a combination of fresh chopped basil, fersh thyme and fresh oregano – the ultimate Italian herb trio.
*Jump down to the recipe for complete measurements and instructions.
- Dairy-free spinach filling: If you love spinach ravioli, use the spinach ricotta mixture recipe from our Vegan Stuffed Shells recipe. It’s made with the same homemade tofu ricotta and thawed frozen spinach.
- Add spiciness. Add a kick to your ravioli filling with a pinch of red pepper flakes to taste, plus your favorite sauce such as Arrabbiata Sauce.
- Add mushrooms. If you’re looking to bulk up your ravioli filling, add in some finely chopped sautéed mushrooms. If using, make sure the liquid from the sautéed mushrooms is fully evaporated.
- Pasta Machine (optional but really helpful!) or rolling pin
- Large mixing bowl
- Large pot (for boiling the ravioli)
- Plastic wrap
- Ravioli stamp, Ravioli press, pizza cutter or sharp knife
Prep Ahead Instructions
In order to make homemade vegan ravioli, it’s important to make two ingredients before getting started. Before you begin to form your ravioli, prep these two components:
- Vegan homemade pasta dough. Before getting started making your ravioli, it’s important to prepare the Homemade Vegan Pasta ahead of time. If you’re using a pasta machine, roll the ball of dough out to a setting 6 thickness. If rolling out by hand, roll it out until it is so thin you can see your fingers through the vegan ravioli dough. Go back to our Homemade Vegan Pasta post and follow the instructions through recipe step 11 or 12, then come back to this recipe.
- Tofu ricotta cheese. Place the tofu, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, nutritional yeast, and white miso paste in the food processor. Blend until smooth, then add in the fresh herbs. Visit out tofu ricotta cheese recipe for full ingredients and instructions.
How to Make Vegan Ravioli with Tofu Ricotta
- Lay the pasta on a lightly floured surface. Take one sheet of the thinly rolled sheet of pasta and place it on a floured work surface. Leave the remaining sheets of pasta in a bowl covered with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap.
- Fill the pasta with ricotta filling. We added about 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of vegan ricotta in two columns spaced about 1-2 inches apart. Adjust the number of columns you make depending on the width of your sheet of pasta.
- Add a sheet of dough on top. Using your fingers, press the air pockets out from around each mound of filling, forming a seal between the two sheets of vegan pasta dough.
- Cut your ravioli into individual ravioli pieces. You can do this using a ravioli press, ravioli cutter, pizza cutter, or a sharp knife. Once cut, use a fork to crimp the edges of each ravioli to ensure they are well sealed.
- Cook the pasta. Bring a large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add in the fresh pasta. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes, depending on the thickness of your pasta sheets.
- Coat in sauce. Remove the cooked ravioli using a slotted spoon then drain the pasta water, reserving about 1/2 cup to 1 cup of the water. Place the cooked vegan ravioli back to the pot along with the pasta water and your sauce of choice.
- Serve. Serve this vegan ravioli dish while hot, as desired!
This delicious homemade vegan ravioli dinner is the perfect main course for date nights in or family night. Enjoy it plain with a sprinkle of Vegan Parmesan Cheese, a drizzle of olive oil or vegan butter, and additional fresh herbs. Or, if you’re looking to make it a bit saucier, check out one of these vegan pasta sauce favorites:
- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce
- Vegan Lentil Bolognese Sauce
- Simple Tomato Sauce
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Tomato sauce
- Easy Homemade Marinara Sauce
- Classic Vegan Pesto or Creamy Avocado Pesto
Allow the homemade vegan ravioli to cool to room temperature, then transfer the leftover pasta to an airtight container and refrigerate. Enjoy within 3 days for optimal freshness.
If desired, this vegan ravioli can also be frozen. To do so, spread the cooled ravioli on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in a single layer. Place in the freezer, and allow the pasta to flash freeze, 2-3 hours, until frozen solid. Transfer the frozen ravioli to a freezer safe container or airtight bag and freeze for up to 1 month.
Leftover pasta will reheat best in the microwave or on the stovetop in a nonstick skillet until warmed through.
More Authentic Vegan Italian Recipes You May Enjoy:
- One Pot Vegan Minestrone Soup – a hearty Italian soup filled with post pasta and vegetables!
- Classic Vegan Baked Ziti – just like the classic Italian bake I grew up with!
- Vegan Cannoli – authentic Sicilian cannoli reminiscent of your favorite Italian bakery.
- Vegan Lasagna – one of our most popular pasta dishes for a reason! It’s cheesy, hearty, and perfect for serving a crowd.
- Easy Butternut Squash Ravioli – another must-try homemade ravioli recipe.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!