This Privacy Statement is effective as of March 20, 2021.
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address and name
- Demographic information such as location, preferences, and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our blog posts, products, and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by email for market research purposes. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- When you purchase a product, we may also collect information such as your name, email address, and where and when on our websites you signed up, in order to let you know more about the product. Due to the interest, you have expressed in the product, we also subscribe you to our related email newsletter, where we send information on our blog and promote other related products of Sweet Simple Vegan. We are lawfully able to use this information due to our legitimate interest to provide you with information related to the topics you have expressed an interest in, by purchasing a product.
- We keep track of how you engage with our emails, such as which of our emails you open and what links you visit from those emails, so that we can send you information that you’re most interested in.
How long we retain your personal information:
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to continue providing these services and to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy and data policy, unless a longer retention period is required by law.
Who receives your personal information from us:
If you purchase our ebook through Payhip, your personal information will be processed by PayPal. Both of their privacy policies, including information such as their data retention period, and their Privacy Shield certification, is published on each of their websites.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
This Site is affiliated with CMI Marketing, Inc., d/b/a CafeMedia (“CafeMedia”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site, and CafeMedia will collect and use certain data for advertising purposes. To learn more about CafeMedia’s data usage, click here: www.cafemedia.com/publisher-advertising-privacy-policy
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. We advise that you exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
- You can disable cookies in your web browser so that we don’t collect personal data from your use of our website. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.