This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Learn how to make this autumn-inspired roasted butternut squash and tomato sauce in just a few simple steps and a casserole dish. It’s ready in just under an hour and will give you all of the cozy fall-feels we know and love.
This Roasted Butternut Squash and Tomato Sauce is inspired by our Easy Roasted Tomato Sauce but with a twist of fall herbs and seasonal veggies. It’s hearty, flavor-packed, and will add the perfect fall-flavor to any dish you enjoy it with.
What Do We Need?
- Tomatoes – We are using a mix of fresh Roma and San Marzano tomatoes from our garden as well as tomato paste. Feel free to use any type of tomato that you have or that is available to you.
- Butternut Squash – Butternut squash is on the sweeter side when it comes to squash, and is sometimes compared to butterscotch (hence the name). Pro tip: Microwave your squash for 4-5 minutes to make it easier to cut.
- Herbs & Spices – For this sauce, we are using fresh rosemary and sage, along with dried Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper.
- Red Wine – A wine on the dryer side is best for this recipe. We recommend a pinot nior or cabernet sauvignon.
What Do We Use This Sauce For?
Lucky for you, this roasted butternut squash and tomato sauce is just as versatile as it is tasty. Of course, we have the obvious choice of pairing it with pasta, but we can also think outside the box. This sauce would be perfect as a base on pizza, topped on a vegan meatball or chicken parm, or even on top of a tofu scramble or vegan omelet.
Here are some other fall recipes for you to check out:
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta w/ Fried Sage
- Fall Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
- Grilled Fall Vegetable Bread Boat
- Fall Vegetable Rice Pilaf
- 4-Ingredient Pumpkin Gnocchi with Garlic and Sage Butter Sauce
- Easy Pumpkin Chickpea Fritters
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional’s advice. This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!