A vegan version of the classic crunch wrap supreme–you won’t believe how easy these are to make and how delicious they taste!
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 (10 oz.) package of vegan beef crumbles (we used Beyond Meat Fiesty Beef Crumbles)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 tablespoons vegan refried beans*
- 4 tostadas or *small soft corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup guacamole
- 1/4 cup vegan sour cream (we used Follow Your Heart)
- 1/4 cup chipotle cashew cheese sauce (or vegan cheese of choice)
- 1/2 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 large tomato, diced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large pan over medium heat, add in the bell pepper and onion with a little bit of water or oil, and allow to cook down for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the vegan beef crumbles to the pan with the peppers and onions and cook according to package directions. Season with salt and pepper to taste and then set aside as you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Warm a large flour tortilla in a pan or the microwave and then place it on a flat surface. Scoop 2 tablespoons of refried beans into the center of the tortilla and then spread it out with a spoon in a circular pattern, about the size of the tostada you are using.
- Place the tostada on top of the circle of refried beans. On top of the tostada, add 1/3 cup of the pepper, onion, and vegan beef crumble mixture. On top of that, add 1 tablespoon of the following: vegan sour cream, guacamole, and vegan cheese. Finish off by adding about 2 tablespoons of shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes on top, or as desired.
- To close the crunch wrap, start at the bottom of the flour tortilla and fold the edges over the center. Continue around the tortilla folding the edges over each other until the whole center is covered.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and place crunch wrap on the skillet, with the folded side down. Cook for 3 minutes to seal, and then flip and heat for an additional 3 minutes, or until browned.
- Repeat steps 1-9 for the remaining 3 crunch wraps.
- If using a corn tortilla – in a cast iron pan on medium-high heat, add a small amount of oil, add the corn tortilla to the pan and place a press or heavy object on top and allow to cook on both sides until crispy and firm.
- These crunch wraps are best enjoyed fresh so that the tostada does not get soggy.
- Double check your refried beans to ensure they are vegan.
- Category: Entree, Lunch
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan, crunch wrap, mexican, taco bell, veganized, entree, lunch, supreme