This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Make your own crispy fiesta potatoes at home! This simple, gluten-free recipe only requires 10 simple ingredients and is ready in under an hour.
It was a sad day when Taco Bell announced that they were discontinuing their fiesta potatoes. For vegans and vegetarians, those potatoes were a fast food staple with universal appeal. Thankfully, you can now recreate the magic at home with this easy recipe.
These crispy fiesta potatoes are just as crispy and flavorful as the ones from Taco Bell, made with better-for-you ingredients. They’re also gluten-free, which we know is super important to some people, and we wanted everyone to be able to enjoy these.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Potatoes – For this recipe, we like to use russet potatoes, but Yukon Gold would work great too. If you want to put a unique twist on this recipe you can also use sweet potatoes.
- Avocado oil – This will help coat the potatoes to make the seasoning blend stick nicely. If you don’t have avocado oil, you can also use olive oil or any oil of your choice.
- Corn starch – Coating your potatoes in corn starch helps get them extra crispy in the oven. If you don’t have any corn starch on hand, you can use all-purpose for a non-gluten-free option.
- Spices – The spice blend for these potatoes is rather simple. We are using a blend of paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic, onion, salt, and pepper. All of these spices combined are *chefs kiss* and make these potatoes taste like absolute perfection.
These crispy potatoes are super versatile. You can use them in tacos, in bowls, or just to snack on. We also have an easy chipotle crema that would pair perfectly with it!
Looking for more potato recipes? We’ve got you covered!
- Vegan Locro De Papa (Ecuadorian Potato and Cheese Soup)
- Potato & Bean Quesadillas (5-Ingredients)
- Vegan Breakfast Potato Hash (8-Ingredients)
- Baked Mushroom & Potato Taquitos (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Easy Sweet Potato Lentil Soup
- Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
- Veggie Packed Potato Leek Soup
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional’s advice. This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!