This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This homemade vegan ranch dressing recipe is hands down the best vegan version you’ll ever try! It tastes exactly like the real thing and is easy to whip up in 5 minutes or less. No raw cashews, vegan buttermilk, or high-speed blender is required.
Although we love our whole-food plant-based ranch dressing, we wanted to make an even simpler one you could make at home without any prep work or need for kitchen appliances. Once you give this quick and easy version a try, you’ll never have to buy it at the store again.
It’s quick to make, requires just 8 simple ingredients and will last for days in your refrigerator. You won’t be sorry you have this dairy-free ranch dressing on hand for all of your dipping and drizzling needs.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Vegan mayonnaise: There are several brands available in stores today, so feel free to use your favorite! We used Follow Your Heart, but Just Mayo, Hellman’s, Primal Kitchen, and Chosen Foods are other popular choices.
- Vegan sour cream: We also used Follow Your Heart sour cream here, but again, use your favorite! There are several options and nut-free options as needed.
- Fresh herbs: A combination of fresh parsley, dill, and chives creates the classic flavor of this tangy dressing. Fresh herbs are highly recommended, but dried herbs can be substituted in a pinch.
- Vegan Worcestershire: In order to keep this dressing both vegan and gluten-free, we used Edward & Son’s vegan Worcestershire. When shopping for a Worcestershire, always check the ingredients for anchovies or fish.
- Spices: A blend of garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper helps add savoriness and makes this ranch addicting!
- Apple cider vinegar: Adds a final acidity and tanginess that balances the creamy flavor.
How to Make Vegan Ranch Dressing
- Mix ingredients together. In a medium mixing bowl or glass jar, whisk together the vegan mayonnaise, sour cream, parsley, dill, chives, vegan Worcestershire, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Season to taste. Adjust the seasonings as desired.
The best part about homemade vegan ranch is there are endless uses for it! Here are some of our favorite ways to use this versatile creamy ranch.
- As a vegan salad dressing: Perhaps the most classic way to enjoy ranch, you can’t go wrong with drizzling this homemade ranch dressing on Grilled Romaine Lettuce or Vegan Cobb Salad. Try it on our Vegan Ranch Kale Chips, too!
- As a dip: Ranch is perfect dip for spicy Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Wings, Spicy Dairy Free Mozzarella Sticks, raw veggies like carrot and celery sticks, french fries or even served as a dip with French Bread Pizza.
- As a sauce or spread: Vegan ranch dressing is delicious spread on veggie burgers or sandwiches like our Buffalo Tofu Sandwich and as a garnish on Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip, Grilled Buffalo Corn on the Cob, or Vegan Chicken Pesto Pizza.
This homemade vegan ranch dressing will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week when stored in an airtight container. If using dried herbs, your vegan ranch dressing may last even longer. Freezing is not recommended as it is likely to separate and become a weird, grainy texture once thawed.
The classic ranch dressing by Hidden Valley is not vegan, but they have since released a Plant-Based version that is 100% vegan.
Both mayonnaise and Miracle Whip contain eggs and therefore is not vegan-friendly. Vegan versions omit the egg and are instead completely oil-based.
Vegan mayonnaise tastes exactly like regular mayonnaise. If you were to swap your family’s mayonnaise with a vegan version, it’s unlikely they would be able to taste a difference. If you tried a brand you weren’t fond of, don’t give up! There are several to choose from and you’re bound to find one you love.
Depending on the brand of vegan sour cream you use, your ranch can end up very thick. To thin it out, simply add a bit of unsweetened plant milk such as almond milk, cashew milk, or soy milk until your desired consistency is reached. You can also add water to thin it out, but this will make it slightly less creamy.
More Vegan Dressing Recipes You May Enjoy:
- Italian Dressing
- 5-Minute Tahini Dressing
- Easy Avocado Tahini Dressing
- Easy Green Goddess Dressing
- The Best Vegan Caesar Dressing
- Easy Ginger Miso Dressing
If you make this recipe, let us know what you think with a comment or rating below! + If you post any photos on Instagram, make sure you tag us @sweetsimplevegan and @consciouschris so that we don’t miss it, we love seeing your photos!Print
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. However, this page may contain affiliate links, thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!