Learn how to make crispy, flavor-packed and satisfying ranch kale chips at home in less than an hour.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces kale, stems removed
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and remove from heat. Add in the cashews and soak or 20 minutes or until softened.
- Drain the cashews and transfer them to a high-speed blender or a powerful food processor, along with the 1/3 cup of water, nutritional yeast, vegan Worcestershire sauce, apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, onion powder, and garlic powder, and blend until the mixture is as smooth as you can get it, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Keep in mind that it will not be completely smooth. Add in the parsley, dill, and chives, and pulse them in until well combined. Season with salt and pepper as desired and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Place the kale leaves in a large bowl (if your bowl isn’t big enough, divide into batches). You can tear the kale if you would like but there is no need too. Tearing the kale will result in small kale chips. Pour the blended mixture over the kale and using clean hands, massage the dressing in until the leaves are evenly coated on both sides. Try your best to get every last bit to coat the kale, including what clings to the sides.
- Oven Option: Preheat the oven to 300°F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Arrange the kale in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets and place into the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the trays from the oven, carefully flip over each piece of kale, and then place the trays back into the oven for an additional 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow the chips to cool completely on the trays before servings (this will help them crisp up even more).
- Air Fryer: Arrange the kale in a single layer in your air fryer (since air fryer baskets are typically very small, you will need to cook in several batches) and cook at 300°F for 8-10 minutes, or until crispy!
- Store the chips in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- This recipe is adapted from our Vegan Ranch Dressing recipe.
- If you have a dehydrator, you can dehydrate the chips instead at 115°F for about 8 to 10 hours, or until dry and crispy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
Keywords: Snacks, Kale, chips, Cashews, ranch, herbs, vegan, gluten-free