This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Learn how to make these easy, flaky, and delicious vegan pesto pinwheels with just 4 simple ingredients and about 20 minutes of your time! They are perfect for kids, parties, and even the pickiest of eaters.
Did you know that most crescent roll dough is accidentally vegan? Crescent rolls by default are used to make a croissant style pastry, but there is actually so much more you can do with the dough, including these pinwheels!
For these 4-Ingredient Pesto Pinwheels, the crescent roll dough is loaded with vegan pesto, roasted red peppers, and vegan mozzarella cheese shreds, rolled into a log, and then cut into 16 mini rolls. Not only are these simple to make, but they will also leave anyone who tries them smiling and asking for more.
Here’s What We Need:
- Crescent Roll Dough: We like using either the Immaculate Baking Co. organic crescent roll dough, or the Pillsbury Original based on what’s available. While most crescent roll varieties are accidentally-vegan, it’s important to check the labels, because some aren’t!
- Vegan Pesto: If you want to make your own pesto, we have a fabulous recipe that you can find here. If you want to buy store bought, we recommend the kale pesto from Trader Joe’s or any option that is vegan!
- Roasted Red Peppers: Grab yourself a jar of marinated roasted red peppers. Not only do they come in handy for this recipe, but they’re also great on pizza, in salads, sandwiches, and more.
- Vegan Cheese: We’ve found that mozzarella-style shreds work best for these pinwheels. We like to use either Follow Your Heart or Violife.
Looking For More Recipes?
- 5-Ingredient Vegan Chili
- Easy One-Pot Pasta
- Vegan Lumpiang Shanghai (Filipino Spring Rolls)
- Easy Vegan Cheese Fondue (Ready in 10-Minutes)
- Baked Mushroom & Potato Taquitos (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- Vegan French Onion Dip
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!