These fluffy gluten-free and vegan chocolate zucchini muffins that are perfect for breakfast, a snack or even dessert! They are also super easy to make and perfect for weekly meal prep.
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free oat flour (180g)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mini vegan chocolate chips, divided
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, prepare the flax egg by mixing together 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal with 3 tablespoons of water. Set aside to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a 12 cup cupcake pan, line or grease 9 slots and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the wet ingredients including the flax egg until smooth. Add in all of the dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips and whisk until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips. This mixture will be very thick but don’t worry! That’s how it’s supposed to be.
- Using a 1/4 cup cookie scoop, scoop and drop batter evenly into the cupcake pan. Once filled, tap the pan down to remove any air bubbles and to even out the batter. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean with just a few moist bits.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan, placed on a cooking rack for about 30 minutes to cool. Remove them from the pan and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: muffins, zucchini, chocolate, vegan, breakfast, dessert, snack, banana