Learn how to make crispy baked tofu! It’s easy and perfect for meal prep, plus it requires just a few simple ingredients!
- 1 block (15 ounces) extra-firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sriracha (or more as desired)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Drain and press your tofu for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Learn how to press tofu here. Once the tofu has been pressed, cut it into about 1-inch cubes and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F, and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- In a medium-sized sealable bag or container, add in the tamari, sriracha, olive oil, garlic powder, and black pepper. Give it a quick mix until uniform and then add in the tofu.
- Seal the bag (or container) and give it a good shake to fully coat the tofu.
- Open up the bag (or container) and evenly sprinkle over the cornstarch. Seal the bag (or container) once more and give it a good shake, so that the tofu is fully coated by the cornstarch.
- Evenly distribute the tofu onto the baking sheet in a single later and place it into the oven for 35-45 minutes, or until golden and crispy. The longer it bakes, the crispier it will get, but it will also have a more “charred” taste when you get closer to 45 minutes. We bake ours for 40.
- Remove the tofu from the oven and cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- Air fryer instructions: Arrange the tofu in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer (you may need to do 2 batches depending on the size of your basket). Air fry at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- This tofu is best when served the day of making it. If you are going to eat it on a later date, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. To rewarm, we suggest toasting or air frying it until crisped up.
- Add any additional seasonings of your choice, have fun with it!
- We have had the best results with a silicone mat for this recipe. Parchment paper can be used but it may stick.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
Keywords: Entree, Oven, Gluten-free, Vegan, Tofu, Crispy