This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Learn how to make crispy tofu! It’s easy to prepare, requires just a few simple ingredients, and so so good!
We are self-proclaimed tofu lovers, and this recipe is up there as one of our favorites. Tofu can be prepared in so many different ways. When you’re first learning to cook with it, it can definitely be overwhelming. We hope this recipe can serve as a simple go-to.
For this crispy tofu, you will need extra firm tofu. The key to the perfect crispy tofu is to press it for at least one hour before marinating. Pressing tofu is simple but does take a little bit of time. The good thing is, you don’t need a press to do it. Here’s our fun hack to pressing tofu without a tofu press.
The marinade for this crispy tofu is simple. All you need is:
- Tamari – basically soy sauce, but gluten-free.
- Sriracha – adds the perfect bit of spice and flavor.
- Cornstarch – coats the tofu to give it that crispy texture we know and love.
- Olive Oil – adding fat into a marinade helps ground the flavors and retain moisture in the tofu so it won’t dry out.
- Garlic Powder – a healthy dose of garlic always does the trick to bring the flavor to the next level.
- Black Pepper – adds another hint of spice to round out the marinade.
This crispy tofu is versatile and can be cut into either cubes or slabs depending on how you want to use it.
Here are some ideas to put this crispy tofu to use:
- Sandwiches (we recommend using slabs for this)
- Tossed in teriyaki sauce (or sauce of choice)
If you are still craving tofu, here are some more recipes that we absolutely love!
- Ginger Sesame Tofu (Easy + Gluten-Free)
- Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper & Herb Tofu with Asparagus and Tahini Dressing
- Grilled Barbecue Tofu Skewers
- Easy Lemongrass Tofu (8-Ingredients + 20 Minutes)
- Easy Tofu Ricotta Cheese (7-Ingredients)
- Basic Tofu Scramble (6-Ingredients + Gluten-Free)
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional’s advice. This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!