Learn how to make crispy tofu! It’s easy to prepare, requires just a few simple ingredients, and so so good!
- 1 block (15 ounces) extra-firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon sriracha (or more as desired)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Drain and press your tofu for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Learn how to press tofu here. Once the tofu has been pressed, cut it into about 1-inch cubes and set it aside.
- In a medium-sized sealable bag or container, add in the tamari, sriracha, olive oil, garlic powder, and black pepper. Give it a quick mix until uniform and then add in the tofu.
- Seal the bag (or container) and give it a good shake to fully coat the tofu.
- Open up the bag (or container) and evenly sprinkle over the cornstarch. Seal the bag (or container) once more and give it a good shake, so that the tofu is fully coated by the cornstarch.
- Oven: Preheat the oven to 425°F, and line a baking sheet with a silicone mat. We have had the best results with a silicone mat for this recipe. Parchment paper can be used but it may stick. Evenly distribute the tofu onto the baking sheet in a single later and place it into the oven for 35-45 minutes, or until golden and crispy. The longer it bakes, the crispier it will get, but it will also have a more “charred” taste when you get closer to 45 minutes. We bake ours for 40. Remove the tofu from the oven and cool before serving to allow it to fully crisp up.
- Air Fryer: Arrange the tofu in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer (you may need to do 2 batches depending on the size of your basket). Air fry at 400°F for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing halfway through. Remove the tofu from the oven and cool before serving to allow it to fully crisp up.
- This tofu is best when served the day of making it. If you are going to eat it on a later date, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. To rewarm, we suggest toasting or air frying it until crisped up.
- Add any additional seasonings of your choice, have fun with it!
- Prep Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
Keywords: Entree, Oven, Gluten-free, Vegan, Tofu, Crispy