Easy and delicious vegan breakfast burritos that are loaded with breakfast potatoes, tofu scramble, homemade pinto beans and more! Plus, these burritos are freezer-friendly, so they make for the perfect make-ahead meal.
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Add all of the ingredients for the breakfast potatoes into a large bowl and toss well to fully coat. Evenly distribute onto the baking sheet and place into the oven for 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are fully cooked through. Set aside and cool to room temperature.
- Warm up the tortillas*. To assemble the burritos, add about 1/4 cup each of beans and tofu scramble, about 1/2 a cup of greens, and a tablespoon or two of shredded cheese.
- Roll the burrito up tightly by
- In a medium pan over medium heat, add in 2-3 burritos (as many as comfortable fit) and toast for a few minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crunchy. Toasting the burritos is optional but recommended as it helps hold the burritos together and gives them a nice crunch.
- Roll the burritos up nice and tight. If you need some assistance, watch this short video.
- We then wrap our burritos in a sheet of parchment paper and then with a sheet of aluminum foil. The parchment paper isn’t necessary, it is just personal preference. You can place them in a freezer-safe bag and then into the freezer or just directly into the freezer, your choice.
- When ready to eat, remove the wrapping(s) from the burrito and place it onto a microwave safe plate. Microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until warmed through. Alternatively, you can warm it in an oven at 350°F for about 12 to 15 minutes.
- If you are cooking the beans at home, we recommend preparing it the night before. It is ideal for the ingredients to be room temperature when assembling so that it does not get soggy. If you would like to prepare the beans the same day, we use a pressure cooker for our recipe and it takes around 55 minutes.
- We warmed our tortillas in the microwave. To do so: place the tortillas on a plate and cover them with a damp paper towel. Microwave in 30-second intervals until warmed through. You can also warm them on the stove top by placing them in a dry skillet over medium heat and cook them for 30-seconds on each side.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes