Learn how to a make this hearty and delicious one-pot minestrone soup with ease in just 30 minutes!
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 celery ribs, finely diced
- 3 carrots, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 medium (3 cups) zucchini, halved and sliced
- 2 cups green beans, ends removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 8 cups vegetable broth (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 28-ounce can crushed San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 8-ounces orchiete pasta
- 2 cups kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Vegan parmesan
- Finely chopped basil and/or parsley
- In a large pot over medium heat, add in 2 tablespoons of water. Once warmed, add in the onions, celery and carrots, and sauté for about 3 minutes, stirring often, or until the onions are fragrant and translucent. Be sure to add more water, 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed to prevent burning.
- Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook for 2 minutes. Add in the zucchini, green beans and bell pepper, and cook for 4 minutes more. Again, be sure to add more water, 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed to prevent burning.
- Add in the vegetable broth, tomatoes, cannellini beans, garbanzo beans, kidney beans and turmeric. Mix everything together until uniform and bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and add in the pasta. Cover the pot and allow it to cook for 8-11 minutes, or until the noodles are al dente. Keep in mind that the noodles will continue to cook as the soup cools.
- Mix through the chopped kale and allow the soup to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Store cooled in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- This soup will thicken a lot as it sits since it is a one pot recipe, so can add more vegetable broth as needed.
- We have not tested this with gluten-free noodles and cannot guarantee the results.
- Category: Soup, Entree
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: pasta, beans, orchiete, soup, minestrone, entree, one pot