A 5-ingredient vegan chocolate bar that is the perfect balance of salty and sweet. Made from chocolate, pretzels, peanuts, peanut butter, and caramel, get ready to have this homemade take 5 bar swoop you off of your feet. It is going to be love at first bite!
- Line a rimmed baking sheet (we used a 9-inch square pan) with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Begin to evenly line the bottom of the pan with a layer of pretzels. Once the whole pan is full, spread on a layer of peanut butter with a spatula. Do this carefully so that the pretzels stay uniform and flat. Follow this with a layer of peanuts, and then spread over the vegan caramel. Place the pan into the freezer to harden for at least 30 minutes.
- Just before you remove the mixture from the freezer, melt the chocolate. Prepare a double boiler by bringing a small pot of water to a boil. Once it is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and place either a fitted glass (or ceramic) bowl or another smaller pot over the water. The key here is to make sure that water does not get into the bowl or pot and mix in with the chocolate. Add the chocolate chips into the upper bowl or pot and allow them to slowly melt, mixing often with a spatula. Once the chocolate has melted, turn off the heat and remove the upper bowl or pot and set aside.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Remove the baking dish from the freezer and remove the contents onto a cutting board. Cut into small squares (we did 16).
- Using two forks, dunk one square into the chocolate and evenly coat. Allow excess chocolate to drip off and then place it on the lined baking sheet to set and continue with the remaining squares.
- Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator or freezer to set or about 15 minutes. Allow the chocolate to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes or so to soften before digging in.
- Store in an airtight container for in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- For those with a peanut allergy, almonds and almond butter work great in place of the peanuts!
- If needed, warm the peanut butter and/or caramel so that they are runny and easier to handle.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Candy
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Dessert, Candy, Take 5, Vegan