Learn how to make vegan chocolate bars at home with just 5 simple ingredients! It is easy to make and doesn’t contain anything funky. Perfect for kids and adults alike!
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon Sunfood raw cacao butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon Sunfood Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup Sunfood cacao powder
Add-ins, such as
- Prepare your chocolate molds or a small baking tray. We used these chocolate molds for the recipe, but you can also use a baking sheet or a pan of choice if you do not mind the chocolate in a different shape. Simply line a baking sheet (or dish) of choice with parchment paper. It is ideal for the dish to be very narrow as it will result in a better thickness. Set aside.
- Prepare a double boiler: Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Once it is boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and place either a fitted glass (or ceramic) bowl or another smaller pot over the water. The key here is to make sure that water does not get into the bowl or pot. Add the cacao butter and allow it to slowly melt, mixing often. Once the cacao butter has melted remove the upper bowl or pot and set it onto a pot holder on the counter.
- Whisk in the maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt until smooth. Using a fine mesh strainer, sift in the cacao powder. Whisk again until uniform and smooth.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the molds or the lined baking tray. Smooth it out with a spatula and sprinkle any additional ingredients on top. We added roasted macadamia nuts to ours.
- Pop the molds or tray mixture into the refrigerator or freezer for about 10-15 minutes to set. Dig in!
- Be sure to fully clean the chocolate molds. Since they are silicone, dust and other small things can stick to it, and you don’t want those in your chocolate!
- For best result, we like to store out chocolate in the refrigerator in an airtight container or bag,
- It will last several weeks in the refrigerator (and even longer in the freezer). Allow the chocolate to come to room temperature before eating.
- To roast macadamia nuts: place them on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 350F for 7-10 minutes, mixing halfway through. Check on them often during the last 5 minutes as they can burn easily!
- We used these chocolate molds for the recipe.
- Category: Snack, Halloween
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
Keywords: chocolate, bar, kids, candy, Halloween, cacao, butter. 5 ingredient, homemade