This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Swirled chocolate bark is the perfect easy Valentine’s Day dessert! It’s made with just 3 simple ingredients, is ready in about 15 minutes, and makes for a great Galentine’s day gift or after-dinner treat to share with a loved one.
Chocolate and Valentine’s Day go hand in hand, and with the holiday quickly approaching, we just had to make sure we share with you an easy chocolate dessert in case you were looking for some ideas!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Semi-sweet or dark chocolate: If you prefer a sweeter chocolate bark, use semi-sweet chocolate chips. If you prefer less sweet chocolate, use dark chocolate chips. You can also opt for a chocolate bar instead of chocolate chips if that’s what you have. Just make sure it does not contain dairy for vegan chocolate bark.
- Vegan white chocolate: You may know that white chocolate is not typically vegan because it actually does not contain chocolate at all. It is traditionally made mostly from milk and sugar. Thankfully there are quite a few vegan brands of white chocolate now from large brands such as Nestle or Enjoy Life.
- Freeze dried raspberries: We love making this chocolate bark sprinkled with freeze-dried raspberries to celebrate Valentine’s day. It adds the perfect color and a combination of sweet and tart flavors to balance the sweet chocolate.
How to Make Swirled Chocolate Bark
- Line the baking sheet. For best results, line the baking sheet with either parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. This will make it easy to peel the chocolate bark off once it has set and prevent any sticking.
- Prepare the dark chocolate. Melt the semi-sweet/dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring in between until the chocolate is smooth. Alternatively, melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Spread the chocolate on the baking sheet. Pour the chocolate onto the baking sheet (all in the middle), then using a spatula, spread the chocolate evenly into a large rectangle and ¼ to ½-inches thick. Keep in mind that the chocolate won’t spread over the whole baking sheet.
- Prep the white chocolate. Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring in between until the white chocolate is smooth. Alternatively, melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Add the white chocolate on top of the dark chocolate. Using a spoon, add the white chocolate on top of the semi sweet in stripes, either the vertically or horizontally. Using a butter knife or skewer, drag through the surface of the chocolate in the opposite direction of the stripes. Continue through the whole surface
- Top with freeze-dried raspberries. Crush the freeze-dried raspberries with your hands and sprinkle them over the bark. Add as little or as much as you would like. Add any additional toppings you are using here as well.
- Set for 10 minutes. Place the baking sheet into the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes or until solid. Be sure that it is placed on a flat surface in the fridge.
- Break into pieces. Remove the chocolate bark from the refrigerator and break it into 12 pieces. Enjoy!
Variations and Add-ins
This chocolate bark can really be made with any toppings instead of the freeze-dried raspberries. Here are a few of our favorite suggestions:
- Crushed nuts like hazelnuts, almonds, or pecans.
- Freeze-dried strawberries, banana slices, or blueberries
- Flaky sea salt
- Extra chocolate chips
- Candied ginger
This chocolate bark is best served as an easy dessert or sweet treat throughout the day! You can’t go wrong with having chocolate on hand at all times when a craving strikes.
Enjoy a piece on its own with a glass of your favorite plant-based milk. If you haven’t already, try our Homemade Vegan Almond Milk or Raw Vegan ‘Ice Cream’ Almond Milk. Or if you want to take your chocolate bark to the next level, use it as the chocolate in Air Fryer S’mores or finely chop it and use it to make Vegan Brownies.
You can even make this chocolate bark for our 3-course Valentine’s meal by serving it for dessert after our Vegan Cheese Fondue Appetizer and Vegan Broccoli Rabe and Sausage Pasta. Watch us make this Easy 3-Course Vegan Valentine’s Dinner in under 1 hour!
This easy chocolate bark will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Avoid storing this chocolate at room temperature, especially in warm or humid environments, because it will melt quickly.
If the chocolate bark is frozen, allow it to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before eating to soften it.
More Easy Chocolate Recipes You May Enjoy:
- Vegan Mars Bars
- Vegan Take 5 Bars
- Chocolate Crunch Bars
- Homemade Vegan Chocolate Bars
- Vegan Snickers Bars
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!