Take your breakfast to the next level with this vegan and gluten-free chocolate chip baked oatmeal. It is easy to make, requires simple ingredients, and absolutely delicious!
- 1 cup (100g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal (or chia seeds)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 3 tablespoons nut or seed butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips* (see notes)
Equipment and Additional Ingredients
- High speed blender
- Small baking dish (our was 7 x 9.5-inches)
- Oil, for greasing the dish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and adjust the rack to the middle of the oven if it is not already there. Lightly grease a small baking dish and set it aside.
- To a high-speed blender, add in the rolled oats and process the oats until they become fine oat flour.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips and blend until smooth.
- Add all but about 1 tablespoon of the chocolate chips and mix it by hand using a spoon.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking dish, being sure it is spread out evenly. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake at 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, and it is golden brown.
- Allow the dish to cool for about 5 minutes before serving, and then dig in!
- This recipe was adapted from Eating Bird Food.
- If you would like to decrease the sweetness of this dish, we recommended decreasing the amount of chocolate chips. You can even opt to not mix any in and just sprinkle a handful on top instead.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
Keywords: breakfast, baked, oats, oatmeal, chocolate chip, gluten free, meal prep