This Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal is as good as having cake for breakfast! It’s made with blended oats, 12 grams of protein per serving, then baked until light and fluffy. All you need is a few healthy ingredients and just over 30 minutes to make.
- 1 cup (100g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal (or chia seeds)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (or liquid sweetener of choice)
- 3 tablespoons nut or seed butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips* (see notes)
Equipment and Additional Ingredients
- High speed blender
- Small baking dish (our was 7 x 9.5-inches)
- Oil, for greasing the dish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and adjust the rack to the middle of the oven if it is not already there. Lightly grease a small baking dish and set it aside.
- To a high-speed blender, add in the rolled oats and process the oats until they become fine oat flour.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips and blend until smooth.
- Add all but about 1 tablespoon of the chocolate chips and mix it by hand using a spoon.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking dish, being sure it is spread out evenly. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake at 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, and it is golden brown.
- Allow the dish to cool for about 5 minutes before serving, and then dig in!
- This recipe was adapted from Eating Bird Food.
- If you would like to decrease the sweetness of this dish, we recommended decreasing the amount of chocolate chips. You can even opt to not mix any in and just sprinkle a handful on top instead.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
Keywords: breakfast, baked, oats, oatmeal, chocolate chip, gluten free, meal prep