Looking for an easy fuss-free vegan meal to prepare at home? Try this sheet pan lemon pepper & herb tofu with asparagus. It takes less than an hour to make and requires simple ingredients!
Lemon Pepper and Herb Tofu with Asparagus
- 1 (14 oz.) block extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed (learn how to press it here)
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped sage
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha (or as desired)
- 1 lb. asparagus, tough ends removed
- 5 thinly sliced rounds of lemon
Serve with (optional)
- Brown Rice
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
- Vegan Parmesan
- Lemon slices (for garnish)
- To a large bowl or reusable zip lock bag (try this one), add in the lemon juice, garlic, vegetable broth, tamari, rosemary, sage, black pepper, thyme, and sriracha. Mix everything together until uniform and then add in the diced tofu. Toss the tofu in the marinade until well coated and then set aside to marinate for 30 minutes, mixing ever 10 minutes or so to ensure that the liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silicone baking mat.
- Once the tofu has marinated, carefully remove it from the bowl/bag (reserving the leftover marinade) and transfer it onto the left side of the baking sheet in a single layer. Spread the asparagus over the remaining open area of the baking sheet and pour the leftover marinade on top. Using your hands, toss the asparagus in the marinade, trying your best to coat all of it. Evenly distribute the slices of lemon on top of the asparagus and place the baking sheet into the oven for 30 minutes, mixing halfway through.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and increase the temperature to 420°F. Using tongs, remove the asparagus from the pan and set it aside on a clean plate. Flip the tofu and place it back into the oven for an additional 20 minutes. In the meantime, prepare your brown rice if you have not already done so.
- Remove the tofu from the oven and allow it to cool before serving.
- We served the tofu and asparagus with brown rice, a drizzle of the tahini dressing and a sprinkle of black sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Th tofu and asparagus also work really well with Vegan Alfredo and pasta.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Sheet Pan
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, Entree, Sheet Pan, Tofu, Lemon Pepper, herb, Fall, Asparagus