A quick & easy vegan coleslaw recipe just like what we remember digging into growing up. It’s creamy and crunchy with the perfect amount of bite, plus it only takes 10 minutes to make!We are loading the blog up with summer inspired recipes, and coleslaw just haddd to be a part of it. What’s a summer barbecue without some homemade coleslaw, right?This coleslaw requires simple ingredients and will be all ready to go in about 10 minutes! It’s as easy as chopping, mixing, and setting it in the refrigerator before serving. We recommend that you let it sit for a few hours in the refrigerator for best results, but if you ain’t go time for that, it is bomb as is!
If you really would like to expedite this recipe, you can even get some “slaw mix” at the store and it will save you time on cutting! Slaw mix consists of cabbage and carrots, but the only things is I don’t know if the ratio of ingredients would be the same. We actually made this slaw for the Fourth of July this year, to pair with our homemade vegan barbecue tofu sandwiches. That recipe will be coming later this week along with a recipe video to stay tuned for that.
Every time I make or even just think of coleslaw, I automatically think barbecue sandwich or something of that sort. What is your favorite way to eat coleslaw? I’d love your suggestions…and honestly help to get through all of our leftovers in the refrigerator haha! Make sure you tag us on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan and @consciouschris and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of our recipes, we love to see your photos!Print
A quick & easy vegan coleslaw recipe just like what we remember digging into growing up. It’s creamy and crunchy with the perfect amount of bite, plus it only takes 10 minutes to make!
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise (we use Follow Your Heart)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar plus more to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing until uniform. Add in the remaining ingredients and mix together until well combined and uniform. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the coleslaw into the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set. Enjoy!
- You can definitely dig into the right away, but it is better as it sits and we suggest you at least leave it in the fridge to set until serving.
Keywords: picnic, vegan, coleslaw, gluten free, easy, quick, summer, classic
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!