This is one of those experiments in the kitchen that turned into pure magic. This mango caramel sauce is perfect for those with a sweet tooth and will elevate anything that you pair it with.
Let’s get saucy, y’all.Mango, coconut milk, coconut sugar, miso and vanilla extract, that’s it! 5 ingredients, 15 minutes and a party in your mouth (for lack of a better term but really so true haha).
This mango caramel sauce features a rather unique ingredient, miso, which is paste made from fermented soybeans and barley or rice malt and used most often in Japanese cooking. We were intrigued by the use of it in desserts, so we thought that we would give it a try and use it instead of salt in our caramel. It worked even better than expected and is definitely recommended for and even other desserts. Good as either a spread or a sauce, the pairing possibilities for this mango caramel seem endless! We have served it on our spaghetti squash bread and our date-sweetened banana bread, some plain ol’ toast and even fresh apples for a classic pairing. All were delicious and I am itching to find more ways to use it, so if you come up with anything, let me know in the comments below 🙂 Make sure you tag us on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan and @consciouschris and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of our recipes, we love to see your photos!Print
This mango caramel sauce is perfect for those with a sweet tooth and will elevate anything that you pair it with. Plus it requires just 5 ingredients and is ready in about 20 minutes!
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 ataulfo mango, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon miso
- Optional: 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Blend together the coconut milk and the diced mango until smooth.
- In a small pot, pour in the mango coconut mixture along with the coconut sugar. Whisk until combined.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil and then gently stir for about 6-8 minutes until the mixture thickens and becomes a deep caramel color, about 8-10 minutes. Stir often just to be sure it is not burning.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the remaining ingredients. You can serve the sauce warm or cold.
- The caramel will harden in the refrigerator. To soften it up, you can place it into a hot water bath or pop it into the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
Keywords: caramel, spread, mango, miso, spread, dessert, vegan
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!