This mango caramel sauce is perfect for those with a sweet tooth and will elevate anything that you pair it with. Plus it requires just 5 ingredients and is ready in about 20 minutes!
- 1 can (13.5 oz) full-fat coconut milk
- 1 ataulfo mango, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon miso
- Optional: 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Blend together the coconut milk and the diced mango until smooth.
- In a small pot, pour in the mango coconut mixture along with the coconut sugar. Whisk until combined.
- Allow the mixture to come to a boil and then gently stir for about 6-8 minutes until the mixture thickens and becomes a deep caramel color, about 8-10 minutes. Stir often just to be sure it is not burning.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the remaining ingredients. You can serve the sauce warm or cold.
- The caramel will harden in the refrigerator. To soften it up, you can place it into a hot water bath or pop it into the microwave for 10-15 seconds.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dessert, sauce
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: caramel, spread, mango, miso, spread, dessert, vegan