There is nothing like fluffy flapjacks in the morning, right? Our Sweet Potato Pancakes are definitely a recipe you’re going to fall in love with!
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour*
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3/4 cup sweet potato puree*
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Toppings of choice, such as:
Add all ingredients into a high speed blender and run until smooth. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes, and in the meantime, preheat a skillet over medium heat.
Add batter into skillet, 1/3 cup at a time, and fill with as many pancakes as you can comfortably fit. I can do 3 in my skillet.
Cook on each side on medium-low heat for about 3 minutes. Flip when the center starts to bubble. Place cooked pancakes onto a clean plate which you can keep warm in the oven at its lowest setting. Complete with the remaining batter.
To serve, top the pancakes with anything you’d like! We chose almond butter, maple syrup, coconut flakes, goji berries and cacao nibs.
- If you don’t have oat flour, simply take 1 1/2 cups rolled oats and process them alone in a high speed blender until a flour like consistency is reached.
- To bake sweet potatoes: Thoroughly wash and prick your sweet potatoes each 2-3 time with a fork or knife. Wrap them in parchment paper and then with foil, then place them directly on the oven rack in the middle of the oven. Turn the oven on to 425F and bake for 40 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft. Cool completely before using.
- Category: Breakfast