This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Learn how to make this easy and cozy soup recipe with just a handful of simple ingredients and less than an hour of your time. It perfect for the winter months so dang good! Plus, it’s vegan!
Chris and I put this soup together in the fall in one of our youtube videos, but we recently realized that we never got around to sharing it here with you on the blog! Better late than never right?
The best part about this recipe is that it requires simple ingredients, is easy to put together AND is a great meal prep recipe to prepare for the week!
A few notes for this recipe:
- If you are not a fan of sweet potatoes, you can use white potatoes or any potato of your choice.
- No lentils? You can swap them out for any cooked canned beans, just be sure to add them in at the end with the greens so that they keep their shape.
- You can use spinach in place of the kale, or a green of your choice! Some greens are tougher than others and may require additional cooking, so just use your own judgement and preferences to adjust the cook time accordingly.
- If you want to use dry herbs in place of the fresh, use 1/3 teaspoon dried thyme, 1/3 teaspoon dried rosemary and 1/3 teaspoon dried sage.
If you like this recipe, you may also want to to check these out:
- Homemade Vegetable Broth
- One-Pot Vegetable Noodle Soup
- Easy Vegan Broccoli Cheddar Soup (10-Ingredients)
- Easy Vegan Tortilla Soup (Gluten-free)
- One-Pot Minestrone Soup (30-Minutes)
- Potato Leek Soup (Vegan + 8-Ingredients)
- Easy Split Pea Soup (Andersen’s Copy Cat)
- Vegan Miso Soup (5-Ingredients + 15-Minutes)
If you make this recipe, let us know what you think in the comments below! + If you post any photos on Instagram, make sure you tag us @sweetsimplevegan and @consciouschris so that we don’t miss it, we love seeing your photos!Print
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional’s advice. This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!