A fun and flavorful Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta that requires just 8-ingredients and only 15 minutes to make.
- 8 oz. gluten-free pasta of your choice (we used Barilla)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes* (see notes)
- 1 cup fresh basil, packed
- 1/3 cup walnuts* (see notes)
- 2–3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1/2 of a small lemon (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1/3–1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and fresh black pepper, to taste if needed (we omitted salt as the tomatoes were already salty)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In the meantime, prepare the pesto. Into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the S blade, add in the sun-dried tomatoes, basil, walnuts, garlic, nutritional yeast and lemon juice. Pulse until everything is well combined and coarsely ground, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Next, process everything on high speed and begin to slowly drizzle in the olive oil until you have added the full 1/3-1/2 cup. Stop the food processor, taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Pulse a few more times to combine and then dig in!
- We used sun-dried tomatoes that were not packed in oil. If you’re using sun-dried tomatoes in oil, we recommend that you first measure out the tomatoes without excess liquid (oil) and then add about 1/4 cup additional oil from the jar to start. Process and add additional oil if it is too chunky.
- Slivered almonds, pine nuts and even sunflower seeds work in place of the walnuts! Just use the same cup measurement.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minute
- Category: Entree, Side
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, Easy, Pesto, Sun-dried tomato, pasta, entree, basil