This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Whip up a flavor-packed Mediterranean-inspired chickpea salad with just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes of your time. This sandwich makes the perfect lunch for work, school, a hike, or just a fast meal on the go. The best part is that no additional seasoning is required since all of the ingredients used are already loaded with flavor.
Table of Contents
Here’s everything you need to make this chickpea salad:
- Greek Chickpeas with Cumin and Parsley – who would’ve thought so much flavor could be added to one simple can of Chickpeas? These make for a great snack on their own and are even better in this chickpea salad sandwich. Price: $2.49 – Find it in the aisle with the cans of beans and pasta; it will be located near the giant beans and Grecian eggplant.
- Dolmas – Grape leaves stuffed with rice and an array of herbs and spices, soaked in olive oil. Mixed into this chickpea salad, it adds an interestingly bright flavor that is too tasty to pass up. Price: $2.99 – Find it in the aisle near the Greek chickpeas!
- Hummus – You can use any hummus you’d like for this recipe, but I just used a basic one. If you want to get creative, feel free to experiment with different flavors and styles of hummus. Price: $2.49 – Find it in the refrigerated section with the other hummus and dips.
- Vegan Feta Cheese – This dairy-free cheese alternative will blow your mind. From what I can remember, it tastes spot on to what dairy feta tastes like. It comes in block form in brine and can be crumbled onto your favorite salads or into other recipes like this one. Price: $4.29 – Find it in the refrigerated dairy section next to the other cheeses and dairy-free cheese selections.
- Vegan Brioche Bread – A dairy-free version of the buttery brioche we all know and love. This tastes spot on to the brioche I grew up loving and is perfect for sandwiches, french toast, and so much more. Price: $3.99 – Find it in the bread aisle amongst the other selections of bread.
- Large bowl
- Fork or potato masher
- Large spoon
- Medium skillet
Here’s How to Make this Mediterranean-inspired chickpea Salad:
- Add ingredients to a bowl and mash. In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the bread. Mash the bowl’s contents with a fork or a potato masher until it resembles a tuna salad’s consistency. I like to keep mine a little bit chunkier.
- Add mixture onto bread. Spoon a generous helping of the chickpea mixture onto one slice of bread and spread it evenly. Cover with another slice of bread and prepare a pan to toast the sandwich.
- Prepare your skillet. In a medium skillet over medium-low heat, add oil or melt butter. Once melted, add your sandwich to the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the slice of bread face down is golden brown. Flip the sandwich and repeat.
- Enjoy! Now it’s time for the best part, to eat!
Other Serving suggestions
- Crackers. Serving this chickpea salad on crackers is a great way to enjoy this as a snack or to serve at a party.
- Pita Bread. Heating a pita pocket and filling it with this Mediterranean-inspired chickpea salad would make for the perfect quick and easy lunch. If you want to make your own pita, we have a great recipe that can be found here.
- Tortilla. Wraps can sometimes hit differently than sandwiches, so if you’re craving one, load it up with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and any other fixings you like.
- Lavash. Another great alternative to the brioche bread if you’re looking for a different way to enjoy this chickpea salad.
Lazy Trader Joe's Meals
Lazy Trader Joe's Meals
30 Minute Meals