This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This pumpkin pasta is the perfect fall comfort meal. It’s creamy, vegan, simple to make, and ready in under an hour!
This time of year makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside– from the tastes to the smells and everything in between, autumn is my absolute favorite season.
Sweet pumpkin recipes are all the rage, so we wanted to show the savory pumpkin recipe some love. This creamy vegan pumpkin pasta is the perfect savory fall meal. Plus, it’s packed with protein and fiber!
We suggest using fresh herbs as their flavors enhance the dish and truly bring a recipe to life. In addition, your taste buds will be buzzing bite after bite!
Here’s What You Need:
- Pasta: We used medium shells for this recipe, but you can use any pasta that you prefer or have on hand.
- Garlic and Onion: The simple yet essential aromatic flavor base to start this dish off right.
- Vegetable Broth: You can use store-bought or homemade. We have a recipe here for you to try.
- Pumpkin Puree: Canned pumpkin works great for this recipe. If you want to use fresh, you can always roast a sugar pumpkin and puree it on your own. If you don’t have access to either, you can always roast and puree a butternut squash or similar variety.
- Cauliflower: Used in our creamy sauce. If you’re looking for a substitution, you can also use potatoes.
- Cashews: A delicious dairy-free alternative to heavy cream! You can use it in both sweet and savory applications, and it’s pretty neutral in flavor so that it won’t overpower the dish.
- Another creamy element of our pumpkin sauce. If you are in a pinch and haven’t soaked your cashews overnight, you can do a quick soak with boiling water for about 10-15 minutes. If you don’t have cashews or have a nut allergy, you can also swap them for raw sunflower seeds.
- Herbs & Spices: Fresh sage and thyme are key to making the flavor of this recipe pop. If you can’t use fresh herbs, you can use dry with 1 tbsp for every 1 tsp fresh.
- Optional Toppings: We like to serve our pumpkin pasta with a sprinkle of vegan parmesan cheese, ground pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- High-Speed Blender: Used to make the pumpkin pasta sauce smooth and creamy.
- Colander: We just got a new stainless steel colander, and we love it! Perfect for straining pasta, cleaning
- Large Skillet: Be sure that it is big as all of the pasta will eventually need to fit into this skillet. If you only have shallow or small pans, a large pot also works well for this recipe.
More vegan pumpkin recipes:
- Autumn White Bean & Pumpkin Veggie Burgers
- Vegan Pumpkin PIe
- One-Pot Pumpkin Chili (Gluten-free)
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Easy Pumpkin Chickpea Fritters (Vegan + Gluten-free)
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. However, this page may contain affiliate links, thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!