Nothing says Thanksgiving quite like a big ‘ol pumpkin pie, right? With that being said, we decided to veganize this classic recipe and man oh man, it’s incredible! This vegan pumpkin pie requires just 10 ingredients, 10 minutes to prepare and 1 hour to bake!
- 1 cup (240 mL) almond milk* (see notes)
- 1/4 cup (33 g) cornstarch
- 1/3 cup (183 g) organic brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (72 g) organic granulated sugar
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 tablespoon (13 g) coconut oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (3.9 g) pumpkin pie spice* (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) vanilla extract
- Frozen pie crust* (see notes)
- Coconut whipped cream
- Crushed pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add in the almond milk and cornstarch. Whisk the two together until smooth, trying your best to break apart any cornstarch chunks.
- Whisk in the brown and granulated sugars and bring to a simmer over low to medium-low heat. Whisk continuously to thicken the mixture, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pumpkin puree, coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and vanilla. Mix everything together until smooth.
- Grab your pie crust from the freezer and pour in the pumpkin pie filling, being sure to spread it all out with a spatula until smooth. Place the pie into the oven and for 1 hour, being sure to check on it every 5 minutes for the last 15 minutes to be sure it does not burn!
- Set aside and allow it to cool completely before serving, preferably in the refrigerator overnight.
- Serve with a garnish of crushed pecans and coconut whipped cream. Enjoy!
- We used a frozen premade pie crust but you can definitely make your own! You can check out the crust recipes that we used in our apple pie that will work, as well as the one in our date-sweetened gluten and oil-free pumpkin pie. You can also use a vegan and gluten-free pie crust of your choice if you have a go-to recipe. Simply line your pie dish with your prepares crust and cook in the oven for 1 hour.
- Recipe adapted from Nora Cooks.
- The nutrition facts do not take into consideration the addition of coconut whipped cream and/or crushed pecans.
- You can use a can of full fat coconut milk as well for a more decadent filling!
- You can make your own pumpkin pie spice by combining 1 teaspoon cinnamon with 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg and a pinch of all spice.
- Category: Dessert, Thanksgiving, Fall
- Method: Stovetop and Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Dessert, Thanksgiving, Fall, Vegan, Pumpkin, Pie