This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This flavor packed creamy one pot pasta is easy to put together and is ready in just 30 minutes!
For us, one-pot meals always come through on busy nights or after a long day. The last thing we want to do is pile up a mountain of dishes in the sink after preparing our meal.
For this creamy one pot pasta, you will need:
- Vegan Butter: We like to use butter in this recipe to sauté the garlic and onions, but oil would also work. If you want to use an oil-free option, you can also use broth.
- Onions, Garlic, and Red Pepper Flakes: The simple yet essential aromatic flavor base to start this dish off right.
- Veggies: We are adding onions, mushrooms, and asparagus to this recipe today, but feel free to get creative and add other vegetables as well.
- Vegan Cheeses: We add both vegan cream cheese and parmesan to our one-pot pasta to make it nice and creamy. We like to use the Kite Hill brand for the cream cheese, and for the parmesan, we like to use the Violife parmesan style block and grate it in.
- Fresh Herbs & Spices: Add a burst of freshness and brightens up all of the flavors in this dish.
- Flour: This acts as the perfect thickener for this recipe.
- Pasta: We like to use rotini pasta for this recipe, but any gluten pasta of your choice should do the trick.
- Vegetable Broth: You can also use vegetable broth, but the Better Than Bouillon no-beef broth definitely adds a rich flavor to this dish.
A few notes before we get started:
- As mentioned above, oil can be used in place of the vegan butter as needed. You can also use broth, but more broth than oil will be needed to cook down the onions and garlic. So if opting for broth, be prepared to add more broth as it cooks down.
- We have not tested this recipe with gluten-free noodles, so we cannot guarantee the results. From our experience, gluten-free pasta is a bit more sensitive and may not keep its shape as well as traditional pasta.
- This dish was adapted from our One Pot Mushroom Stroganoff.
Looking for more one pot recipes?
- One Pot Mushroom Stroganoff
- Easy One Pot Pasta
- One Pot Vegetable Noodle Soup
- One Pot Minestrone Soup (30-Minutes)
- Vegan Locro De Papa (Ecuadorian Potato and Cheese Soup)
Disclaimer: The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional’s advice. This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!