A simple and delicious sweet treat that requires almost no effort at all. These No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies require just 3 ingredients and 10 minutes to make plus they are healthy and gluten-free!
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 10 medjool dates, pitted (or 1 cup, measured after pitting)
- 1/2 cup unsalted creamy peanut butter* (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Place the dates in a bowl of hot water for 10 minutes to soften. Drain and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup of rolled oats to the bowl of a food processor and process the oats until they have formed a flour-like consistency. The remaining 1/2 cup rolled oats to the food processor along with the soaked dates, peanut butter and optional ingredients if you are using them.
- Process all of the ingredients together until smooth, scraping down the sides if needed. If the dough seems dry, add in 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of water or almond milk to moisten it.
- Once the dough is smooth, grab a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Using a 1 tablespoon sized cookie scooper or a regular tablespoon, scoop out 1 tablespoon of dough, roll it into a ball and place it on the baking sheet. Continue until you have rolled out all of the dough. You will need to press the dough down until it is about 1/3-inch thick. You can do this by either pressing down with your fingers or by using a fork in a criss cross we did for ours above.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer to set for 30 minutes and then dig in!
- You can use any other creamy nut or seed butter in this instead of peanut butter. We have not tested this but from our past experiences, it should work. Just keep in mind that it will slightly alter the flavor.
- These cookies should be stored in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Category: Cookies, Dessert
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
Keywords: Cookies, Dessert, Vegan, Gluten-free, Peanut Butter, Rolled Oats, No Bake, Easy