A no-cook recipe that is perfect for a last minute party appetizer, for summer picnics or even for a quick snack at home.
These antipasto skewers are plain and simple, and ready in less than 10 minutes! The hardest part is trying not to dig into them before you skewer all of the ingredients 😉If you are new to antipasto, let’s give you a little background on this dish!
Antipasto is a traditional first course of a formal Italian meal, like an appetizer or a
starter. Different ingredients vary based on the different regions that it is served in, but it usually consists of olives, cured meats, peperoncini, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, cheeses, and vegetables in oil or vinegar.
Today we are of course serving you a 100% vegan version of it, and instead of having it on a platter, we are serving it on skewers. Chris introduced me to these and I am absolutely obsessed. I wish I grew up eating these just like he did because I have been missing out!We created this recipe as a part of our “No-Cook Summer Recipes” video on our YouTube channel. We also featured a Date-Sweetened Strawberry Lemonade as well as our Mexican-Inspired Pinwheels if you want more no-cook recipe ideas! Just like we mentioned these varying ingredients based on regions, can also vary based on taste preferences and who is making them.
Customize these as you would like and have fun with it! Try it with parsley, various types of olives, different vegan cold cuts, vegan cheese, and more!
We love serving these at parties because they are pleasing to the eyes, contain a wide variety of flavors and textures, and feel super fancy. Little do our guests know, we whipped these up with no effort at all 😉 If you make this recipe, let us know what you think in the comments below! + If you post any photos on Instagram, make sure you tag us @sweetsimplevegan and @consciouschris so that we don’t miss it, we love seeing your photos!Print
A no-cook recipe that is perfect for a last minute party appetizer, for summer picnics or even for a quick snack at home. The best part is that they are ready in less than 10 minutes!
- 8 skewers (we used stainless steel)
- 8 slices vegan deli slices of choice (we used Field Roast)
- 1/2 wheel vegan mozzarella cheese*, rolled into 1″ sized balls (we used Miyoko’s)
- 16 marinated artichoke hearts
- 16 pepperoncini
- 16 pitted olives
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 16 leaves of basil
- Skewer all of the antipasto ingredients. We used about 2 of each ingredient and used a consistent pattern for aesthetic purposes, but feel free to arrange them as you would like!
- Arrange skewers on a serving platter and serve!
- If you would like, you can drizzle them with a balsamic reduction or sprinkle them with a bit of Italian seasoning.
- If you do not have access to Miyoko’s Mozzarella, any block vegan cheese would work just cut it into about 1/2-1″ cubes.
- We made sure to drain the liquid out of the artichokes, olive, and pepperoncini before placing them on the skewer. We did this by simply squeezing them between a clean towel (only a few at a time) to drain excess liquid.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!