Lentil. Enchilada. Pasta.
Comfort from the pasta, with a light & fresh touch from the greens and avocado. How had I never thought of pairing these three before?! They are a trio made in heaven 😉 I wanted to spice things up a bit from my usual lunches for school, and I was pleasantly surprised by how easily it was done. By simply playing around with ingredients that I usually have on hand in the kitchen, this masterpiece was born.
I shared a sneak peak of this recipe on my Instagram a few weeks ago, and ya’ll were all lit up for it! I was actually inspired by one of my good friends Taryn Rasgon of Vegetaryn to try out this combo, and now I understand all of her hype. I put a bit of a twist on it and added a Mexica flare, and it was perfect for my preference. Honestly, put cilantro, avocado & nutritional yeast on anything and I will be all over it. And guess what?! I have teamed up with Jovial Foods to give you all the chance to an awesome prize pack! Enter below and you will be in the running to win: 12 oz. Organic Whole Grain Einkorn Penne Rigate, 2 lbs of Organic Einkorn Whole Grain Flour, Organic Sourdough Einkorn Crackers and a 18 .3 oz. jar Organic Crushed Tomatoes, perfect for making this Lentil Enchilada Pasta recipe!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Make sure you tag me on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan or twitter @sweetsimpleveg and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of my recipes! You have no idea how exciting it is to have your support and interest in all of the content and recipes I create, it is so rewarding to know that there is someone there at the other end listening, it’s like you are in the kitchen with me when you share your recreations! 🙂
Lentil Enchilada Pasta w/ Easy Homemade Sauce
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3-5
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan
Lentil Enchilada Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup water + 1/4 cup broth to cook
- 1 jar (18.3oz or about 2 1/4 cups) Jovial Foods Organic Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 cup broth
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons Jovial Foods Organic Einkorn Whole Grain Flour, or as needed to thicken
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 12 oz. Jovial Foods Organic Whole Grain Einkorn Penne Rigate (or pasta of choice)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Fresh greens (I like baby kale, spinach & arugula)
- + Paprika & nutritional yeast to top!
- Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, move onto the sauce.
- In medium pot, add in garlic, onion, celery, and bell pepper, and cook in 1/3 cup water + 1/4 cup broth over medium until the onion and celery are translucent, about 8 mins.
- Add in the remaining ingredients for the sauce, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, bring down to low and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in pasta and cilantro.
- Serve with fresh greens and avocado + a sprinkle of paprika an nutritional yeast.
Disclaimer: I was provided with Jovial Foods products to try and review on my blog, but all of the opinions shared are my own. I would not share a product with you all unless I loved it!