Bring your pasta to the next level with our lentil enchilada sauce. Jam-packed with flavor and plant-based protein, this is going to be your new favorite entree!
Lentil Enchilada Sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup water + 1/4 cup broth to cook
- 1 jar (18.3oz or about 2 1/4 cups) Jovial Foods Organic Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 cup broth
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons Jovial Foods Organic Einkorn Whole Grain Flour, or as needed to thicken
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2–1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine pink himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 12 oz. Jovial Foods Organic Whole Grain Einkorn Penne Rigate (or pasta of choice)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Fresh greens (I like baby kale, spinach & arugula)
- + Paprika & nutritional yeast to top!
- Cook pasta according to package directions. While pasta is cooking, move onto the sauce.
- In medium pot, add in garlic, onion, celery, and bell pepper, and cook in 1/3 cup water + 1/4 cup broth over medium until the onion and celery are translucent, about 8 mins.
- Add in the remaining ingredients for the sauce, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once boiling, bring down to low and cook for another 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in pasta and cilantro.
- Serve with fresh greens and avocado + a sprinkle of paprika an nutritional yeast.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan