Apple Cider Coffee Cake is the perfect fall treat! It’s light, fluffy, and full of delicious flavors. Grab yourself some coffee or a tall glass of plant milk, and dig in!
For the Cake
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons water)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/3 cup softened vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegan cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped tart apples (we used gala and granny smith)
For the Topping
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons softened vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 8×8-inch baking pan with non-stick coconut oil spray.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the apple cider and bring it to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the cider reduces to about half, around 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Make the flax egg by mixing together the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, mix together both flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cardamom
- With a standing or electric hand-held mixer, cream together the vegan butter, raw sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the flax egg, vegan cream cheese, vanilla extract, and apple cider and mix until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until combined, and then mix in chopped apples. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, prepare the crumble topping. Stir together the all-purpose flour, brown sugar, raw sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the softened vegan butter until the mixture resembles large crumbs.
- Spread coffee cake batter into the prepared baking dish and then evenly sprinkle with crumb topping.
- Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until fully cooked through. You will know it is done when you poke the center with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Cool before serving and enjoy with a nice cup of coffee!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Fall
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: dessert, fall, apple, cider, cake, coffee, autumn, sweet, spice