These Chocolate Dipped Pumpkin Macaroons are the perfect vegan and gluten-free fall treat when you are craving something sweet! They are easy to make, require 10 simple ingredients and are ready in about an hour!
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water)
- 6 tablespoons aquafaba (chickpea brine aka liquid from can of chickpeas)
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (depending on how much spice you want)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl (or the bowl of a standing mixer), add in the the aquafaba and cream of tartar. Using a hand mixer (or the whisk attachment on a standing mixer), whip on high speed until medium-firm peaks are formed. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together all of the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate until uniform. Carefully fold in the aquafaba mixture.
- Scoop out 2 oz. (1/4 cup) of the dough using an ice cream scooper and then gently use your hands to pack it in the scooper. Place it onto the cookie sheet and if you would like, carefully use your fingers to smooth out the mound if there are any imperfections.
- Bake for 37 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- When the macaroons are cooled, melt the chocolate. You can do this either in a double boiler or in the microwave. If you are using the latter, place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and microwave it in 30 second intervals, mixing in between each, until fully melted.
- Carefully dip the bottoms of macaroons into the chocolate, scraping any excess off, and then place them back onto the baking sheet. Keep in mind that the macaroons are fragile so be gentle with them. Continue until you have dipped all of the chocolate. You can use up any remaining chocolate by drizzling it on top of the macaroons with a spoon or butter knife. If needed, remelt the chocolate before drizzling.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes, or until the chocolate has set. Enjoy!
- If you would like to make smaller macaroons, you can do so by using a 1-tablespoon sized cookie scoop and bake them until golden. Baking time will decrease so we suggest starting off with about 20 minutes and checking it every 5 minutes from there.
- Be sure to use shredded coconut and not coconut flakes/chips.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Fall
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan