This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A perfectly flaky and light pastry cone filled with a finger-lickin’ good spiced pumpkin whipped cream. These Pumpkin Cream Horns are the perfect deliciously decadent dessert for all of your fall celebrations. They are simple to prepare and will definitely impress any crowd!
This Recipe is Sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free.
If you’re looking for a recipe to impress your friends and family with, this one’s for you! The combination of So Delicious Dairy Free Cocowhip mixed with pumpkin and seasonal spices make for a dreamy treat. We both grew up on cool whip and you have no idea how happy we were when we discovered this vegan alternative. It’s dairy-free (of course), made with organic coconuts, soy-free, gluten-free, and contains no high fructose corn syrup. It’s good on pies, ice cream, in shakes and of course, in these cream horns.
Though the process for making these cream horns is slightly involved, we promise that it is well worth it!
Here’s what you need to get started!
- Puff Pastry – Believe it or not, most store-bought puff pastry is accidentally vegan since they use oil instead of butter. We recommend double-checking this at your local grocery though, just in case!
- So Delicious Dairy Free Cocowhip – The BEST whipped topping we’ve had. It’s so light and fluffy and can be used in so many different ways. It’s dairy-free (of course), made with organic coconuts, soy-free, gluten-free and contains no high fructose corn syrup. It’s good on pies, ice cream, in shakes and of course, in cream horns!
- Vegan Cream Cheese – Any brand of vegan cream cheese will do for this recipe, just make sure it’s plain!
- Pumpkin Puree – Adds the perfect seasonal twist to these cream horns. If you don’t have pumpkin puree you can simply leave it out and these will still taste delicious.
- Powdered Sugar – Although this recipe is sweet enough on its own, a bit of powdered sugar can help add some extra pop to this recipe. If you don’t have a huge sweet tooth, we recommend tasting the filling first and then adding powdered sugar as needed. You can also dust your finished cream horns with powdered sugar when plating them!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – For that extra burst of fall flavor. If you don’t have a pre-made pumpkin pie spice you can always make your own using ground cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Vanilla Extract – The perfect subtle flavor enhancer adding sweet and smoky notes to the filling.
You’ll also need a mold!
I know a Cream Horn Mold is a little bit of an obscure item to just have on hand, but it makes making this recipe so much easier and better looking too. Thankfully they are inexpensive. You can also use a cannoli form if you happen to have one.
If you don’t have either, you can also make your own mold–we found this helpful DIY if you want to give it a try!
Looking for more fall-inspired dessert recipes?
- Easy Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
- Vegan Apple Pie with Coconut Oil Crust
- Vegan Apple Cider Coffee Cake
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse Tart with Oat Hazelnut Crust
- Classic Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by So Delicious, but all opinions remain our own. The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional’s advice. This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!