This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for a quick and delicious dessert recipe, these easy peanut butter squares are a winner. Not only is peanut butter and chocolate the ultimate combination, but these bars are ready in just 30 minutes and cost less than $5 to make.
This recipe is from Sam Turnbull’s new Cookbook Fast Easy Cheap Vegan. These magic little bars taste like peanut butter cups but better because they are way less fussy to make. You can use crunchy or smooth peanut butter for this recipe, but Sam prefers crunchy because of the awesome texture it gives these treats.
Here’s What You Need to Make These Easy Peanut Butter Bars:
- Powdered Sugar – If you don’t have powdered sugar, you can make your own by processing granulated sugar in a high-speed blender with some corn starch. Check out this recipe here.
- Graham Crackers – It is sometimes hard to find vegan graham crackers because most contain honey, but believe it or not, the original red Nabisco boxes are accidentally vegan. If you can’t find those, however, you can use any cookie crumbs of your choice to make this recipe.
- Peanut Butter – You can use either chunky or smooth peanut butter for this recipe, but Sam recommends crunchy because it helps give the bars the perfect texture. Also, if you’re allergic to peanut butter, don’t have it on hand, or simply don’t prefer it, you can use any nut butter of your choice to make this recipe.
- Dark Chocolate – You can use dark chocolate in any form for this recipe, whether it’s chips, chunks, or a broken-up chocolate bar. Darker chocolate of 80% or more is recommended when making these easy peanut butter bars because it helps balance out the sweetness.
Looking for More Sweet Treats?
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies (3-ingredients)
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas with Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge
- Fluffy Salted Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you’d like to enter to win a copy of Sam Turnbull’s new cookbook Fast Easy Cheap Vegan, simply subscribe to our email list and leave a comment down below with the email you subscribed with so we know you entered. You can comment as many times as you’d like, and each comment will count as a new entry. This giveaway is worldwide 🙂
If you’d like to enter to win any of the other cookbooks, find the links below:
- Liv B’s Easy Everyday (US & Canada)
- Vegan Yum (US only)
- Hot For Food All Day (US only)
- Make it Vegan (US & Canada)
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!