This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for an easy, approachable, and flavor-packed pasta, this garlic and herb pasta is for you. Level up your pasta in a new, herbaceous way, with simple ingredients and about 30 minutes of your time.
While Chris’ parents were recently in town, his mom introduced me to her garlic and herb pasta sauce and I was immediately hooked. Not only was the sauce so easy to make, but it was also jam-packed with flavor and so fresh tasting! She served it with our herbed ricotta ravioli and it was a hit! This sauce is so good on any type of pasta that you serve it with, I can’t wait for you to try it out.
Here’s what you’ll need for this garlic and herb pasta:
- Pasta: You could use any shape of your choice. We love ours with ravioli or spahetti.
- Extra virgin olive oil: This is the main component of the sauce, so we recommend using the good-quality oil. We like to use Wild Groves olive oil!
- Garlic: Lots and lots of garlic adds the signature element of this recipe. We like to add 6 large cloves in ours, but you can adjust the amount accordingly based on your preferences.
- Red pepper flakes: Adds a very minimal yet perfectly balanced amount of heat. Feel free to add more as you prefer!
- Pasta water: Don’t throw out your pasta water! It’s filled with starchy, salty goodness, and when you add it to your pasta, it adds a silky richness and helps the pasta and sauce stick together much better.
- Fresh herbs: Adds a burst of freshness and brighten up all of the flavors in this dish.
- Vegan parmesan cheese: Enriches the pasta with extra layers of umami,
- Lemon: A squeeze of fresh lemon helps round out and balance out the dish. We hihgly recommend you don’t skip out on this!
If you’re looking for more tasty pasta, we’ve got you covered:
- Homemade Vegan Egg Pasta
- Herbed Ricotta Ravioli
- Creamy One Pot Pasta with Mushrooms and Asparagus
- Easy Roasted Vegetable Pasta
- Easy One-Pot Pasta
- Easy Vegan Pasta Primavera
- Zucchini Pasta
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!