This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
If you’re looking for the perfect decadent dessert, this Chocolate Soufflé Cake is for you. It’s made with easy-to-find ingredients and requires just 1 bowl and 30 minutes to put together.
This recipe is from Oliva Biermann’s new cookbook Liv B’s Easy Everyday, which features 100 sheet-pan, one-pot, and 5-ingredient recipes. We were so excited to try this recipe, and I’m not kidding when I say this recipe didn’t disappoint.
This cake is amazing for entertaining because it is crazy-easy to make and your guests will never guess it has only five ingredients! The texture is light but still decadent, and rich in chocolate flavor. It’s best served with a big dollop of sweet coconut whipped cream and fresh berries.
Here’s What You Need to Make this Chocolate Soufflé Cake:
- All-Purpose Flour – When baking, our go-to is always the Bob’s Red Mill all-purpose flour, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand. We often get questions about whether or not other flours can be used, such as a gluten-free blend or whole wheat, but since this isn’t our recipe, we don’t feel comfortable giving direction on that. However, the rule of thumb for whole wheat flour is to only substitute up to 50% of the all-purpose flour.
- Cane Sugar – If you want to be extra sure that the sugar you’re using is vegan, buy organic! We like to use the Wholesome brand.
- Cocoa Powder – This recipe calls for unsweetened cocoa powder, so make sure you don’t accidentally get one that is sweetened. If you want to make this recipe extra photo-worthy, it’s recommended to dust the cocoa powder over the cake when serving!
- Baking Powder – This will help get the chocolate soufflé cake nice and fluffy.
- Canola Oil: Canola oil is great for baking because it’s so affordable
Looking For More Delicious Desserts?
- Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- The Best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 4-Ingredient Biscuit Donuts
- Edible Cookie Dough Bites
If you’d like to enter to win a copy of Liv B’s Easy Everyday, simply subscribe to our email list and leave a comment down below with the email you subscribed with so we know you entered. You can comment as many times as you’d like, and each comment will count as one entry. This giveaway is for US & Canada only.
If you’d like to enter to win any of the other cookbooks, find the links below:
- Hot For Food All Day (US Only)
- Yum Vegan (US only)
- Fast Easy Cheap Vegan (Worldwide)
- Make it Vegan (US & Canada)
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!