This cake is amazing for entertaining because it is crazy-easy to make and your guests will never guess it has only 5 ingredients! The texture is light but still decadent, and rich in chocolate flavor. It’s best served with a big dollop of sweet coconut whipped cream and fresh berries.
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 8-inch round cake pan, lined with parchment
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Add the water and canola oil; stir to combine. The batter should be fairly smooth, but a few small lumps are okay.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the top is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
- For an Instagram worthy presentation, sprinkle a dusting of unsweetened cocoa powder over the top just before serving,
- This cake is best made and served on the same day. However, leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven