An easy to make vegan-friendly cobb salad packed up in a mason jar and perfect for your summer picnics. Layered with homemade vegan egg, feta cheese, tempeh bacon and a red wine vinaigrette, it is bursting with flavor and is sure to keep you satisfied.
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce (we recommend Edward & Sons)
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare the dressing, add all of the ingredients to a small mason jar, screw on the lid and shake it vigorously until blended. It’s easy and already in a sealable container for you to store in the fridge. You can also add all of the ingredients to a bowl and whisk the ingredients together. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Next, assemble your mason jar salads. You can also skip this step and assemble everything into 2 large bowls, your choice.
- Grab a large mason jar — like using wide mouth 32 oz. jars. You can find these on Amazon, at Target or even at thrift stores.
- Pour your desired amount of dressing into the bottom of the jar. We like to add between 2-4 tablespoons of dressing, depending on the salad. The dressing at the bottom prevents anything from becoming soggy!
- Add in the crisper vegetables and fruits. For this cobb salad, that is the cherry tomatoes.
- This is usually followed by grains and beans but since we don’t have any, on to #5!
- Add in the protein. For this cobb salad, add in the vegan chicken and vegan bacon.
- Add any softer veggie or fruits that you are including. For this salad, add in the avocado.
- Add any roasted nuts or seeds.
- Add your vegan egg and vegan cheese.
- Lastly, top everything off with the salad greens of your choice. Add as much as you can squeeze into the jar, really pack it in there! Seal the jar and take the salad on the go!
- When you are ready to serve the salad, give the mason jar a vigorous shake to mix the dressing through, pour the salad out into a bowl, toss as needed and dig in!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Salad, Side
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Salad, Side, Vegan, Cobb, Picnic, Summer, tempeh, tofu, feta, easy