Now that barbeque season is in full effect, I thought it would be appropriate to share this Mexican street corn inspired pasta salad recipe. It’s extremely simple to make and can be ready in less than 15 minutes. All of the ingredients are also very affordable so you can whip up a large batch of this to share with all of your friends and family at your next summer BBQ or picnic. This recipe is part of our cooking challenge series on YouTube. Jasmine and I went head to head to create recipes with a focus on corn. Coincidently enough, we both made recipes revolving around street corn. I guess we are on the same wavelength! This recipe is inspired by my love for pasta salad. Growing up, it was always my favorite side dish with potato salad coming in a close second. If potato salad is more of your jam, we recently released a bomb AF recipe that you can find here. One of my favorite things about this recipe is the simplicity of ingredients and process to make it. Everything can be sourced for cheap at your local grocery store and it can be made it less than 15 minutes! Talk about a win-win. We are so excited for you to try it! Jasmine’s recipe is also a must-try! She made a vegan street corn dip (pictured below) that is perfect for parties, to spread on sandwiches, or to eat by the spoonful! You can check hers out here! If you make this recipe, let us know what you think in the comments below! + If you post any photos on Instagram, make sure you tag us @sweetsimplevegan and @consciouschris so that we don’t miss it, we love seeing your photos!Print
In less than 15 minutes you can enjoy this simple and delicious vegan street corn pasta salad. It’s the perfect budget-friendly side to bring to BBQ’s & Picnics all summer long!
- 16 oz fusilli pasta
- 2 1/2 cups corn kernels, roasted
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened vegan yogurt
- 3 tablespoons vegan Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together vegan mayonnaise, plain unsweetened vegan yogurt, vegan parmesan cheese, fresh cilantro, chili powder, black pepper, and garlic.
- Once the pasta is finished cooking, drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl, add in your pasta, corn kernels, jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, and red onion.
- Add your wet mixture from earlier into the large bowl and stir to fully coat.
- Squeeze the juice from half of a lime over the pasta salad.
- Garnish with vegan parmesan, corn kernels, and fresh cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!
Keywords: Appetizers, Salad, Sides, Cinco de Mayo, Entree, Pasta, Vegan Party
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!