We are shattering the protein myth about vegans once and for all! This salad is packed with protein and loaded with 3 different kinds of beans, some crispy tofu, and a big ‘ol bunch of fresh greens and veggies. To finish it off, we whipped up a quick and easy tahini garlic dressing that adds the perfect depth of flavor.There is something about digging into a big hearty salad that is just so satisfying. The crunch of fresh veggies mixed with the kick of a tangy tahini dressing hits the spot so perfectly. This is a perfect protein-packed meal that is not only healthy, but easy to pack up and take with you to school, work, or wherever life may take you.
What is your favorite way to enjoy a salad? Let us know in the comments! If you make this recipe, let us know what you think in the comments below! + If you post any photos on Instagram, make sure you tag us @sweetsimplevegan and @consciouschris so that we don’t miss it, we love seeing your photos!Print
This salad is packed with protein and loaded with 3 different kinds of beans, some crispy tofu, and a big ‘ol bunch of fresh greens and veggies. To finish it off, we whipped up a quick and easy tahini garlic dressing that adds the perfect depth of flavor.
Crispy Baked Tofu
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed * (learn how to press it here)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder or cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup white beans
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup red beans
- 2.5 oz. spring mix
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Add the tofu cubes to a large bowl, add in your soy sauce, vegan Worcestershire sauce, and arrowroot powder or cornstarch.
- Use a spatula or spoon to fully coat the tofu cubes on all sides. Place the tofu on the lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Add all of the ingredients for the dressing into a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together all of the ingredients for the salad, including the crispy baked tofu. Pour over the desired amount of dressing, mix, and enjoy!
- Cube the tofu by slicing the super firm block down the middle from the top on the short side, then lay the block flat and cut into half inch pieces both horizontally and vertically.
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. However, this page may contain affiliate links, thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!