I put together a recipe inspired by my friend Vegetaryn for lunch the other day, and it turned out so good that I wanted to share it here with you all to try out!
If you don’t have all of these ingredients OR if you do not like some of them, that is okay! This recipe is actually all about the dressing –sauerkraut and hummus– then you can add in whatever you’d like inside of it.For this salad, I did a sort of “cleaning out” of our refrigerator and threw in everything we had available, which all went SO WELL together: Trader Joe’s precooked/pre-seasoned lentils and Sriracha marinated tofu, fresh dill, steamed broccoli, and fresh tomatoes. As for greens, I used a mix of spinach and romaine.
This is definitely a huge salad, so you can make it to share with your honey like I did! 🙂
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, chopped small
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3-4 tbsps hummus of choice (I highly recommend the Trader Joe's Oil-free Eggplant Hummus)
- ¼ cup dill & garlic sauerkraut (I used Farmhouse Culture)
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- ½ block marinated tofu (I used Trader Joe's Sriracha Tofu)
- ⅓ cup cooked & seasoned lentils (I got the precooked ones from Trader Joe's)
- 3 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- The best thing to do it to add the base ingredients into a large bowl and hand massage the hummus and sauerkraut into the salad.
- Wash your hands, then mix in the remaining ingredients with salad utensils/a large spoon.
- Dig in!
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with any of the brands mentioned in this recipe, I am just sharing what I love!