The perfect holiday dessert! These eggnog snickerdoodles are perfectly spiced, chewy, soft and pillowy, plus 100% vegan.
- 3 cups (408g) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (9g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2g) salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 cup (230g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (104g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup So Delicious Coconutmilk Holiday Nog
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large, 1 medium and 1 small mixing bowl
- Hand mixer OR whisk
- Baking sheets
- Spatula or mixing spoon
- Parchment paper or silicone mats
- Plastic wrap
- Cooling rack
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sized cookie scooper
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed meal with the water and mix until uniform. Set aside to thicken for about 10 minutes.
- To a medium sized bowl, add all of the dry ingredients and mix until uniform. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in the vegan butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Using either a hand mixer, standing mixer or a whisk, cream the vegan butter with the sugars until fluffy.
- Add in the flax egg along with the So Delicious Coconut Holiday Nog and vanilla extract. Mix everything together until uniform.
- Slowly add in the dry mix and mix until well combined and a cookie dough forms. You may need to mix it together with clean hands to get it to fully incorporate. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and it into the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and preheat the oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, mix together all of the ingredients for the topping.
- Once chilled, scoop out the dough out using a 1 1/2 tablespoon-sized cookie scooper and shape into balls. Roll the dough balls in the sugar topping to evenly coat.
- Place the dough about 2-inches apart on the lined baking sheets (12 per half sheet) and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden. They will appear slightly under-baked on top.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Oven
Keywords: snickerdoodles, holiday, christmas, cookies, eggnog, dessert, cinnamon, nutmeg, vegan, sweets, snack