This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This vegan skillet chocolate chip cookie is the perfect dessert for any night of the week. It can be made in a single bowl and put together in about 30 minutes. Although it is free from eggs and dairy, it is still loaded with so much flavor and will satisfy any sweet tooth!
I have always wanted to make a homemade classic skillet cookie inspired by pizookies available at BJ’s Restaurant, so today, I am making it happen with an adaptation of our classic chocolate chip cookie recipe.
This skillet chocolate chip cookie is crispy on the edges but soft and chewy on the inside and pairs perfectly with a scoop of vegan ice cream. It tastes just like I remember growing up, and I can’t wait for you to try it.
Here’s What We Need to Make Our Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie:
- Vegan Butter: We like to use either Earth Balance or Country Crock Plant Butter for these cookies, but any dairy-free stick butter will do the trick.
- Granulated and Brown Sugars: To ensure the sugars you are using aren’t processed through bone-char, organic is the way to go. If you’re looking for a good brand, we like this one!
- Flaxseed Meal: This will serve as the binder in our recipe. Flaxseed meal mixed with water makes for the perfect vegan egg replacer.
- All-Purpose Flour: If you’re looking for good quality flour, we like Bob’s Red Mill.
- Baking Soda & Powder: Baking powder acts as a leavening agent in this recipe, while baking soda will serve to neutralize acid, add tenderness, and also contribute to the leavening process.
- Chocolate: Chocolate: You can opt for your favorite vegan chocolate chips (we like Enjoy Life) or chop up your favorite chocolate bar and add chocolate chunks instead!
- Salt: Don’t skip out on the salt! It enhances the flavors in the cookie, preventing the sweetness from taking over.
- Vanilla Extract: Believe it or not, even with as small of an amount that we are adding, vanilla enhances the flavors in the recipe and prevents the cookie from tasting flat or bland.
Additional Add-Ins and Variations
While this recipe is already delicious, here are a few ideas on how to spice it up!
- Before baking, throw in a handful of your favorite chopped nuts (such as pecans, walnuts, or almonds).
- Swapping the chocolate with vegan white chocolate chips
- Topping it with flaky sea salt
- Drizzling over a vegan caramel sauce or peanut butter (or nut or seed butter of choice) when serving
- Serving it warm with a heaping scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream, like a pizookie!
Equipment You’ll Need
- Medium to Large Bowl
- 6 to 8-inch cast-iron skillet
Looking For More Dessert Recipes?
- Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- Easy Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Easy Vegan Banana Bread
- Gluten-Free Lemon Poppyseed Cookies
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional’s advice. This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!