A great way to use up Thanksgiving leftovers is simple and easy to make. These fries are delicious and a great way to change things up if you are bored of plain ol’ leftovers. Plus, it’s all vegan!
Homemade French Fries
- 3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into thin fries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or cooking oil of choice)
- Salt and pepper, as desired
- 1 1/2 cups vegan stuffing (either homemade or storebought)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Vegan Holiday Roast (either homemade or storebought)
- 1 1/2 cups Easy Mushroom Gravy
- ~1 cup Easy Cranberry Sauce
- Fresh thyme
- Vegan shredded mozzarella cheese, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, add in the potatoes, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine with a large spoon until everything is well coated and incorporated onto the potatoes as evenly as possible.
- Pour the seasoned potatoes onto the lined baking sheet and lay them out in a single layer. If needed, bake in two batches or use a second baking sheet to ensure nothing is overlapping. Add any additional seasonings if desired (fresh herbs, paprika, etc) and pop it into the oven. Bake for 40 minutes, mixing halfway through.
- Remove the fries from the oven and cool until easy to handle. Transfer the fries to a large serving plate and spread them out so they are evenly distributed.
- Next up, add the toppings. You can really add as much as you would like and whatever toppings or leftovers you have on hand. If you have not already done so, warm all of the toppings before moving on. We sprinkled ours with the chopped vegan roast and stuffing, drizzled over mushroom gravy, adding a few spoonfuls of cranberry sauce and them a sprinkle of fresh thyme.
- Serve warm.
- The nutrition facts were not calculated for this recipe as the toppings will vary from homemade and storebought and we cannot guarantee what toppings/leftovers will be added.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Entree, Side, Leftovers
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan