Homemade fluffy quinoa tortillas filled to the brim with soft white potatoes, black beans, and a fresh Brussels sprouts slaw. Taco Tuesday (or any other day) will never be the same again with the addition of these beauts!
Brussels Sprouts Slaw:
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise (we use Follow Your Heart)
- 3 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Potato & Black Bean Filling:
- 1 small white onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium potatoes, diced small
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Fresh cilantro
- 2 cups toasted Bob’s Red Mill Quinoa Flour
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free 1:1 Baking Flour
- 1–1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Diced avocado
- Hot sauce
- Lime juice
- Fresh cilantro
- Diced tomatoes
- To prepare the slaw, mix together all of the ingredients except for the Brussels sprouts until smooth. Set aside.
- Shred the Brussels sprouts using a food processor or a mandoline slicer, then coarsely chop any ungrated pieces with a knife.
- Add the shaved Brussels sprouts into the other ingredients and mix until uniform and fully coated. Set in the refrigerator as you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Next, prepare the filling by heating a medium pan over medium heat and adding in about 3 tablespoons of water. Once the water has warmed through, add in the onion and garlic, and sauté for about 3 minutes, or until fragrant and translucent.
- Add in the potatoes, taco seasoning, and tomato, and mix to combine. Cover the pan with a lid and allow the potatoes to steam for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add water if it dries out to prevent burning.
- Once the potatoes are done, mix in the black beans and cilantro and cook for 1 more minute to warm through. Remove pan from the heat and set aside as you prepare the tortillas.
- Pour the quinoa flour into a large pan over medium-heat. Whisk the flour constantly to toast for about 5-7 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add all of the ingredients for the tortillas into a large bowl, and mix to form a smooth thick dough. Divide the dough into 10 equal parts and roll into balls.
- To flatten the dough into tortillas, you can use a tortilla press or place each ball in between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out with a rolling pin until thin and uniform in thickness. Be sure to peel the parchment paper off of the dough rather than the dough off of the parchment paper to prevent ripping.
- Place the tortilla onto a pan over medium heat and cook until browned with small bubbles, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Wrap the tortillas in a clean kitchen towel or place them into a tortilla warmer until you are ready to assemble.
- To assemble, fill the quinoa tortillas generously with the potato filling, Brussels sprouts slaw, and any other toppings of choice, such as avocado, hot sauce, cilantro, and tomatoes.
- Category: Entree