This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This instant pot creamy red curry pasta is this perfect quick, easy, and delicious weeknight meal. This recipe is loaded with flavor and is ready in less than 30 minutes.
We’ve been on a big instant pot kick recently, and for a good reason. A pressure cooker makes mealtime effortless and will have your food on the table quicker than preparing it conventionally.
This dish is a variation of a popular stove-top red curry noodle soup recipe we shared last year. We thought it would be fun to give it new life and serve up the same flavors in a creamy pasta dish, made in a pressure cooker.
Here’s What You Need to Make this Instant Pot Creamy Red Curry Pasta:
- Veggies: The great thing about this recipe is that it’s customizable based on the vegetables you have on hand. We recommend using spinach, mushrooms, bok choy, eggplant, onions, garlic, and bell peppers, but feel free to mix and match based on what is available and appealing to you.
- Ginger: This dish is brought to life with some freshly grated ginger. We recommend using fresh ginger over the powdered or paste forms of ginger. Along with the delicious flavor that ginger adds, it also has a wealth of health properties and benefits.
- Thai Red Curry Paste: The bulk of the flavor of this dish comes from the red curry paste. Depending on what brand of curry paste you use, the taste and spice level may vary, so we recommend starting with a little bit just in case it packs too much heat.
- Vegetablen Broth: Since this is a one-pot instant pot recipe, we use vegetable broth to help cook the pasta. We like to use the Better than Bullion vegetable paste to make our broth, but you can use any veggie broth you desire.
- Coconut Milk: To help add to the creamy element of this dish, we are using coconut milk. We recommend using full-fat unsweetened canned coconut milk in this recipe over any reduced-fat or “lite” coconut milk. If you are looking for one to use, we like this one.
- Peanut Butter: Another element of this recipe is peanut butter. We love the flavor combination of red curry paste, coconut, and peanut butter together. It makes for an ultra-decadent and delicious dish. If you are allergic to peanut butter or don’t like the flavor, you can swap it out for tahini or other nut kinds of butter like almond or cashew.
- Soy Sauce: This will add saltiness and umami flavor to our creamy red curry pasta. You can also use tamari, which is a gluten-free soy sauce.
- Maple Syrup: This will add a touch of sweetness to our dish and will help round out all of the savory flavors.
- Pasta: We like to use rotini pasta for this recipe, but you can use any short-noodle pasta of your choice. We don’t recommend using longer noodles like spaghetti because it doesn’t fit uncooked into the pressure cooker without breaking.
- Sesame Oil: Finishing this dish with sesame oil helps add a nutty and delicious flavor.
- Garnish: We recommend topping off the finished dish with a squeeze of lime juice and a sprinkle of cilantro.
- Salt + Pepper: Add these to taste! 🙂
Why Use an Instant Pot?
Using an instant pot or pressure cooker is a great way to save time and energy while cooking. It’s also great to use if you don’t have access to a range, for instance, if you live in a dorm or small apartment. We’ve been using pressure cookers for years and love them to make one-pot pasta, beans, rice, stews, soups, etc. If you don’t have a pressure cooker, however, find a stovetop version of this recipe here.
Looking for More One Pot Recipes?
- Creamy One Pot Pasta with Mushrooms and Asparagus
- Easy One-Pot Pasta
- Creamy One-Pot Taco Pasta (30-Minutes)
- One-Pot Vegan Mushroom Stroganoff (30-Minutes)
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!