Super fluffy and decadent vegan brownies that are also guilt-free! This recipe is free of gluten- oil- and refined-sugar plus super easy to make!
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates, packed
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter (or any nut butter of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free Flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup aquafaba (chickpea brine aka liquid from canned chickpeas)
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
Toppings, such as:
- Goji berries (be sure to rehydrate before baking)
- Crushed walnuts
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao nibs
- Almond butter (after baking)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8” x 8” pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour and cocoa powder, then add in the remaining dry ingredients.
- In the food processor, add in the liquid ingredients and process until smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, being sure not to overmix.
- In a separate large bowl, add the aquafaba and cream of tartar and whip with a hand mixer or a standing mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes. Increase the speed to medium-high and whip for another 5-8 minutes, or until firm peaks form. Gently fold the aquafaba mixture into the batter, being careful not to over mix it so it remains fluffy.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan and gently smooth out the top with a spatula. Add toppings of choice, and bake for 33-35 mins, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely before slicing, then dig in!
- Keep in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- If coconut butter is unavailable, you can try and sub in a full fat nut or seed butter instead. I have not yet tested out this substitution but I think it will have similar results!
- If this gluten-free flour is unavailable, you can try using unbleached all purpose flour.
- Prep Time: 18 minutes
- Cook Time: 33 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Baked Goods
- Cuisine: Vegan